Old 08-09-2020, 11:13 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default Plant ID please

In article ,
David wrote:

Just to confirm, are you saying that the plant I asked to be IDd is "good
eating"?

I was referring to the C. album aggregate, but I would expect that
one to be similar, and the Web seems to confirm that. I haven't
tried it.

It's always worth being a little cautious, because wild forms of most
food plants have rather higher toxin levels than cultivated forms.
However, we need some toxins in our diet, which is why we use spices
in our food! But, if such a plant tastes bitter or acrid, reject it
and don't eat large quantities or every day. The same applies to a
great many cultivated plants, incidentally.

Regards,
Nick Maclaren.