Old 08-09-2020, 06:56 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
David[_24_] David[_24_] is offline

Default Second flowerings?

On Sat, 22 Aug 2020 19:11:27 +0000, David wrote:

I've noticed over the last few days that quite a few Wisteria are
showing a few flowers.
I think these are Spring flowering varieties with a second showing,
although I can't be sure.

However this evening I noticed that one of our potted apple trees
(bought this year from Lidl and potted up) is in blossom.
It didn't have any fruit on when we bought it so I assume that it didn't
set, or dropped any fruit during potting and transportation.
However I don't recall seeing apple trees with blossom in August before.

Is this just one of those things, or is the climate doing weird things?

Updating to say the blossom has set and we now have some tiny apples.
Plus another branch is now in flower.

I have no idea how far these apples will develop and assume that the tree
will go dormant eventually.

Cheers

Dave R