Old 14-09-2020, 06:30 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible
Ralph Mowery Ralph Mowery is offline

Default calcium for alkaline soil

In article , lid says...

I am getting blossom rot on few of my peppers. My
research says that this is due to a lack of calcium
in my soil.

I have seen recommendations to grinding up a TUMS, but
my soil is already alkaline.

What would you guys use to add calcium to alkaline soil?
Calcium citrate from the vitamin store is too expensive.

Just go to the garden section of Walmart, or any farm supply store. You
can find calcium and other chemicals for blossom end rot for under $ 20
and some under $ 10 depending on how much and what brand.

Look on Google for calcium for tomatoes and get many web pages on it.