Old 14-09-2020, 11:49 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
David Hill David Hill is offline

Default Rechargeable Mowers

On 14/09/2020 21:46, Vir Campestris wrote:
On 13/09/2020 13:52, thescullster wrote:
Hi all

No real surprise that these things are now on the menu, but are
Â* any real folks ditching the petrol models to get
Â* these?

What is the likely life span of the batteries? Have they been
Â* round long enough to know?

The area I have to cut is around 15m x 6m.Â* Anyone like to
Â* recommend a model suitable for this?

When my lawn was that size I used a mains mower.

I just googled, and the first one I recognised was a Makita 18V, 15 inch
with two 5Ah batteries at £280.

My old mains mower was 900W. at 18V 900W is 50A. Which means the
batteries would last 6 minutes each.

A similar size mains one from Bosch is £137.

Andy

Dont try to compair older batteries to the latest ones, my chainsaw will
work for almost an hour on one charge.
Mst of the well known morew makers now offer rechargable models