Old 02-11-2020, 09:52 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default Sorting out the mint.....

On 02/11/2020 19:45, Adrian Brentnall wrote:
HI Folks
Any suggestions for the best way to kill off the mint that's trying to
take over one corner of my polytunnel..

I planted it (some years ago) in a pot, as recommended, to restrain it.
It's escaped... and is now spreading.

I did lay some ground cover over it (old tarpaulin) - which seems to
have suppressed it in the centre, but now it's made its way around the
edges..

I try not to use weedkillers in the (vegetable) polytunnel - but
'organic' techniques (like vinegar) offer only a temporary respite.

I'm guessing that something systemic is required.
Recommendations, please?

Thanks

The only systemic herbicides are non-organic. You might want to try
pelargonic acid; it's plant-based but not systemic. It won't kill the
mint, but it will weaken it.

--

Jeff