Old 04-11-2020, 09:31 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default Sorting out the mint.....

On 03/11/2020 18:27, Nick Maclaren wrote:
In article ,
Martin Brown wrote:

Only for ground elder do I resort to chemical warfare prior to digging.
Since that has a tendency to come back from every tiny piece you miss.

I do that only where I can't dig it up. While it regrows, that shows
you where to remove the root fragments :-)

Now, lesser bindweed, on the other hand ....

Must be your sandy soil. Field bindweed barely clings onto life here. I
quite like the pink striped flowers. It isn't invasive in my heavy clay.

Hedge bindweed is still a nuisance more because it lurks in inaccessible
places under my thorny hedges. Not worth the effort to try and kill it.

--
Regards,
Martin Brown