Old 13-11-2020, 02:31 PM posted to rec.gardens
Tania Tania is offline

Default Agapanthus , Sap causing itchy rash !

I had the same experience with the sap from the agapanthus. I cut it back on Sunday just gone and on the Monday I had a slight rash and by Tuesday it turned into a red raw itching rash . It was up my arms, chest, neck , face and scalp. Then over the period of the day it travelled to my back and down my legs . By the end of the night my tongue was swelling, I had a high temp and felt very nauseous..I seeked medical advice and was given antihistamine and hydrocortisone cream . It us day 3 on these and I feel better . The itching is still there but nowhere as intense. I have been told it takes 14/28 days to heal.

--
For full context, visit https://www.homeownershub.com/garden...sh-110647-.htm