Old 14-11-2020, 05:52 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Derek[_6_] Derek[_6_] is offline

Default Hot and cold composting

On Thu, 12 Nov 2020 13:31:12 +0000, Martin Brown
wrote:

I used to sometimes use Garotta cut with ammonium sulphate as a started
culture to encourage the heap to run hot at the start of the season.

Was informed a few years ago, that Garotta was a waste of money, as
there is enough (of what Garotta supplied) in any spade full of soil,
Would agree that "bulk" "water" "Air" are vital, my three pallett bins
are never covered, for that very reason, I look on the top 3" is as
good a heat reatainer as any carpet.