Old 15-11-2020, 05:42 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default Peat Free Compost

On 14/11/2020 14:39, Bob Hobden wrote:
I see Monty Don is getting a lot of flack on Social Media today from
some quarters of the trade about going completely Peat Free. The
"Trade" said they would be by about now but they aren't. Garden Centres
still stock lots of different peat based composts and few peat free.
Indeed if they do stock one it tends to be the cheap "New Horizons"
rather than Sylvagrow etc. and you certainly get what you pay for.

Thoughts?

We have been peat free for over 20 years now and have tried many brands
but find even the better ones perform better if you add soil (we add
about a third by volume) Presently using Melcourts Nursery Stock compost

--
Charlie Pridham
Gardening in Cornwall