Old 26-04-2003, 01:27 PM
David Hershey

Default poisonous seed dissemination?

Donald Wyman's book, "Shrubs and Vines for American Gardens" has a
list of blue-fruited vines and shrubs and lists 14 genera, 13 if you
include Mahonia in Berberis. He has Callicarpa on his purple list.

Of his 14 genera with blue fruited species, ten have drupes, three
have berries (Berberis, Mahonia and Vaccinium) and one a capsule
(Gaultheria).

David R. Hershey

"P van Rijckevorsel" wrote in message ...
I am not claiming anything, just noting that I see something that looks like
a pattern and trying to test if it has substance ...

FWIW all websites treating farkleberry seem to describe the berries as
black, eg
http://www.floridata.com/ref/V/vacc_arb.cfm
PvR

=============
Monique Reed schreef
Farkleberries (Vaccinium arboreum) don't count as blue? If Callicarpa

counts, those should.
Monique

P van Rijckevorsel wrote:
Compared to what passes for blue in animal husbandry the blue in

Callicarpa is a pretty clear blue :-)

A quick try for "drupe" and "blue" in a search engine turned up quite a

few hits, each in a separate family. On the other hand "blue" and "berry"
was a non-starter.