Old 19-11-2020, 10:29 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Derek[_6_] Derek[_6_] is offline

Default Hot and cold composting

Was informed a few years ago, that Garotta was a waste of money, as
there is enough (of what Garotta supplied) in any spade full of soil,

I am not sure that is entirely true at least on small garden heaps it
does seem to help them to go hot at more a modest size.

I don't have shares in Garotta, but I do think it can be useful in small
gardens to help a heap along at the start of a season.

This thread made me look up the ingredients in Garotta, seems that its
"Active ingredients - Nitrogen with ground limestone." now being a
follower of Gardeners Question time, seem to remember they were
belivers of
"Urine has been long-established as a free compost "activator" (aka
"liquid gold"), because it's full of nitrogen.

Take your choice of acitvator :-)