Old 21-11-2020, 03:11 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default Hot and cold composting

On 20/11/2020 15:06, Nick Maclaren wrote:
In article ,
Jeff Layman wrote:
On 20/11/2020 07:15, Chris Hogg wrote:

Peeing on your compost heap was recommended here several times a few
years ago.

Given that it has been SOP for millennia, and I remember it being
recommended here within a year or two of this newsgroup being started,
that's playing it down!

I do wonder, being male, of a certain age, and with the compost heap
being some distance from the house, whether such an activity will become
physiologically "de rigueur" in the future. :-)

Mine is c. 4' high and I am no longer, er, up to it :-(

Regards,
Nick Maclaren.

Mine is the size of a container. Shipping container, and I am only
halfway through cutting back 20 year old yews, and hornbeams and another
bloody great tree has fallen over...and the new woodshed is full already...

....But I have been impressed with the bedroom wood-burning stove's
ability to chew through very small branches and generate tropical
conditions.

--
"Nature does not give up the winter because people dislike the cold."

― Confucius