Old 21-11-2020, 11:44 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
PuttPutt PuttPutt is offline

Default Lopper

On Saturday, November 21, 2020 at 3:25:36 AM UTC, The Natural Philosopher wrote:
On 20/11/2020 22:02, Vir Campestris wrote:
On 19/11/2020 10:05, Chris Hogg wrote:
It's made by Burgon & Ball; I'd never heard of them before,
and it sounds like a made-up brand name used by a chain of outlets

It says here (to go posh)

https://www.harrodhorticultural.com/burgon-and-ball-tools-cid279.html

"Range of ...garden tools manufactured in the UK by Burgon and Ball who
have been supplying garden tools since 1730"

I've got a trowel by them. It seems pretty solid - better than my S&J
one. (It lasted me 40 years. Until we moved to a clay garden...)

I think I've got a spade or a fork by them. Good solid stuff, Not
garden centre 'stand on it and bend it' stuff.

Forged, not stamped.

https://www.burgonandball.com/

Also try bulldog for properly made stuff

http://www.bulldogtools.co.uk/

Andy

--
"When a true genius appears in the world, you may know him by this sign,
that the dunces are all in confederacy against him."

Jonathan Swift.