Old 21-11-2020, 11:45 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
PuttPutt PuttPutt is offline

Default Lopper

On Saturday, November 21, 2020 at 3:25:36 AM UTC, The Natural Philosopher wrote:
On 20/11/2020 22:02, Vir Campestris wrote:
On 19/11/2020 10:05, Chris Hogg wrote:
It's made by Burgon & Ball; I'd never heard of them before,
and it sounds like a made-up brand name used by a chain of outlets

It says here (to go posh)

https://www.harrodhorticultural.com/burgon-and-ball-tools-cid279.html

"Range of ...garden tools manufactured in the UK by Burgon and Ball who
have been supplying garden tools since 1730"

I've got a trowel by them. It seems pretty solid - better than my S&J
one. (It lasted me 40 years. Until we moved to a clay garden...)

I think I've got a spade or a fork by them. Good solid stuff, Not
garden centre 'stand on it and bend it' stuff.

Forged, not stamped.

https://www.burgonandball.com/

Also try bulldog for properly made stuff

http://www.bulldogtools.co.uk/

Andy

--
"When a true genius appears in the world, you may know him by this sign,
that the dunces are all in confederacy against him."

Jonathan Swift.

Thanks all, plenty to chose from there, much ppreciated.