Old 04-02-2021, 07:55 PM
Bhilltop Bhilltop is offline
Registered User

Quote:
Originally Posted by stan[_2_] View Post
On Apr 26, 10:21*pm, z wrote:
On Apr 24, 9:07*am, Dave_S wrote:

Almost 2 years ago, we hired a tree company to cut down *a 60 foot high
Chinese Elm with *24 inch trunk. Remaining stump is 3 inches high which
they filled grooves with chainsaw fuel. They guaranteed this would kill
the stump and prevent any regrowth. Not only has the stump *NOT DIED,
but *constantly produces "hundreds" of new fast growing twigs all year.
I had the same thing, you have to kill the stump. Cutting it down is not enough. I had to drill the stump with wide bore holes and fill each hole with
tree stump killer. Then wait about 2 months or so for it to soften and basically. rot. Then I was able to hack it out of the ground with a pickaxe.