Old 04-03-2021, 02:03 AM posted to rec.gardens.edible
Bloke Down The Pub Bloke Down The Pub is offline

Default Another one bites the dust .

"Snag" wrote in message
Or "Let there be light !" Having determined that too much shade has been
part of my poor garden performance , I have embarked on a project to
change that . Today 3 small white oaks and one largish maple tree fell to
my chainsaw . The trees on our land are so close together that they grow
tall but not too big around , and often grow leaned to get light . That
was the case with the maple , and had it gone the wrong way I'd be
building a new shop . I think the ones I took out today are going to be
enough to get morning sun , but there are a couple more oaks on the west
side that I think will need to come out too - I started there before the
weather went crazy . I won't be able to get over there until it dries out
some , I've got bare clay from a septic drainage project done last summer
. And the trees won't be wasted , they're going on my firewood pile .

Would these oaks be the type you would use for smoking?

Mike