Old 26-04-2003, 01:27 PM
mel turner

Default Plant and one snake identification

In article , wrote...

wrote...
I made a mistake. The photos are actually at:

http://photos.yahoo.com/shahswim

mel turner schreef
#4 -- don't know.

For all I can see here it might be coffee?

Okay, sure. That's as likely an ID as any, but few
details are visible in the photo.

#7 Erythrina sp.

Don't think so,

Well, you may be right, of course. Certainly _some_ common
Erythrina species do look quite different from this one,
but the photo reminded me especially of Erythrina crista-galli:

http://www.californiagardens.com/Pla...ista_galli.htm
http://www.plantsofperfection.com/Pl...sta-galli.html
http://botit.botany.wisc.edu:16080/c...eae/Erythrina/
http://www.csdl.tamu.edu/FLORA/imaxxfab.htm

it looks like the other one, with a name like lobster's claw
or something like it

Clianthus? I think those are shrubby climbers

http://www.oystercoveseeds.com/pages/clianth_puni.htm
http://botit.botany.wisc.edu:16080/i...eae/Clianthus/
http://www.botanyworld.com/clianthus.html
http://www.thompsonandmorgan.com/see...ct_4110_1.html

with very different foliage from that shown in the photo
[which instead strongly resembles Erythrina's]

regards