Old 02-05-2021, 08:47 AM posted to uk.d-i-y,uk.rec.gardening

Default Thinking abut a cordless hedgetrimmer

On 02/05/2021 02:42, Paul wrote:
The Natural Philosopher wrote:
On 01/05/2021 17:54, williamwright wrote:
On 30/04/2021 14:54, newshound wrote:
Have you actually tried a modern battery chainsaw, then?

Yes. A bag of shite when you're used to a good quality petrol machine.

Bill

well yes.
My shoulders are aching from this afternoons efforts to chop up a 10
metre tall tree that fell over last year.
The thickest part of the trunk - that I have yet to tackle - is about
2' diameter.

My little chainsaw - petrol - is having trouble with the 8" diameter
sections. I guess its around 1500W equivalent.

Don't give up.

There are differences between the original chain, and
some third party replacements. I found my saw worked better
with the second chain on it. I would never have guessed
there would be a difference, as visually "a chain is a chain",
right ?

Â*Â* Paul

actually it is the original chain as the saw its brand new, but it
probably needs sharpening by now. So far its been brilliant, but really
the saw is too small for what I will be asking it to do. The blade
length is less than the trunk diameter...so the later cuts will be in
two goes, one from each side..

--
“Progress is precisely that which rules and regulations did not foresee,â€

– Ludwig von Mises