Old 02-05-2021, 09:41 AM posted to uk.d-i-y,uk.rec.gardening

Default Thinking abut a cordless hedgetrimmer

On 01/05/2021 19:52, Andy Burns wrote:
The Natural Philosopher wrote:

My little chainsaw - petrol - is having trouble with the 8" diameter
sections. I guess its around 1500W equivalent.

My 36V chainsaw (with a nice new blade) happily slices 14" willow
trunks, it says it's 1100W max.

14"- 2 foot is *THREE TIMES* the amount of material to be removed...

I don't think people realise that the cross section area goes up as the
*square* of the diameter..and that times the kerf, is the volume you
have to rip to shreds to cut the tree.

And that times the wood hardness (willow is soft) is the amount of
energy it takes...

all women"