Old 07-05-2021, 09:33 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
[email protected] stephen.hull@btinternet.com is offline

Default Quick tadpole question - not growing

In message
Chris Hogg wrote:

On Thu, 06 May 2021 18:54:24 GMT, lid (AnthonyL)
wrote:

Apart from cleaning the ponds I'm hoping to leave nature to nature.

If you want your ponds to be full of interesting wildlife, don't put
fish in them, otherwise you'll only have fish.

God damn heron has just eaten all our gold fish, 6 in all.
Thought the pergola over the pond would be a deterrent with
established vines growing all over it but the wild life camera caught
the heron in the act gobbling the fish, some of the fish were nearly ten
years old.
We may restock the pond again with fish and put the netting back which
we had not needed for 18 months until the other morning.

Stephen