Old 26-04-2003, 01:28 PM
P van Rijckevorsel

Default Field Guides

Does Israel have good field guides?

Iris Cohen schreef
Dunno. There is a field guide to wildflowers put out by the Society for

the Preservation of Nature in Israel. It is OK, but pretty basic. The
Madrich Sadeh for Trees & Shrubs appears to be very thorough, but the text
is in Hebrew, & my Hebrew is nowhere near that good. There are several typos
in the Latin names. I don't expect that they will be making much progress in
science right now. They are fighting a war for survival, you know, & the
economy is a mess.

Iris,

+ + +
A field guide in Hebrew is not that interesting unless it has really good
pictures :-).
Thanks anyway
PvR