Old 21-05-2021, 02:15 AM posted to rec.gardens.edible
T[_4_] T[_4_] is offline

Default wheel weeders?

On 5/20/21 5:07 PM, Snag wrote:
On 5/18/2021 5:34 PM, songbird wrote:
T wrote:
https://www.johnnyseeds.com/tools-su.../wheel-weeders

Your opinion?

Â*Â* just get a stirrup hoe.Â* nothing like that would work here
as i don't do much tilling to begin with so the soil surface
can be compact and crusty.Â* the stirrup hoe lets me skim the
surface of the crust and leave it intact otherwise.

Â*Â* i seem to recall that you also have pretty compacted soil
there.

Â*Â* songbird

Â* They call them scuffle hoes around here . And they don't work worth a
shit in rocky soil - this IS Stone County after all !

My soil is rather hard where the weeds grow. I might
send up some sparks!

I use a stir up hoe on them, but it is a rather large
area to clear.