Old 02-06-2021, 04:24 AM posted to rec.gardens.edible
T[_4_] T[_4_] is offline

Default Blackberry prune questin

On 6/1/21 8:20 PM, Snag wrote:
On 6/1/2021 8:18 PM, T wrote:
On 6/1/21 5:25 PM, Snag wrote:

Â*Â* His Arapaho's are thornless - I have some in my berry patch .

How many years did it take yours to fruit?

They haven't yet ... but they should next spring . Two of our six were
transplanted last spring , 2 were new then - those 4 plants were very
stressed last winter , all top growth was killed by subzero temps . The
remaining 2 were new this spring , cold temps and too much rain have
been a problem .

One of my four is all total new growth. All four
are on their third year. I made sure they (everyone)
was watered in the winter.

All three on my Choke Berries are fine. And my
Goji and loving life. My back hurts just thinking
of picking them. I have a months or so before
that starts. Chock's are much easier to pick:
one once in the fall.