Old 26-04-2003, 01:29 PM
P van Rijckevorsel

Default monkeypod

I would of course immediately have deferred to the expert on the spot, but
your posting did not make it to my server (actually also not to the archives
as far as I can see them). The vagaries of computers!
PvR

MMMavocado schreef

I suggested Enterolobium when the thread started. I've lived in the Tampa

Bay area for over 20 years, and know from experience that Enterolobium
cyclocarpum is quite common, while no other tree with an ear-shaped pod is
at all common in this area. Indeed, I can't recall seeing ANY other species
whose pod I'd liken to a human ear, in this geographical area. So the
probability is extremely high that this is the tree in question. OTOH,
obviously, it could be something else, but not likely.