Old 26-04-2003, 01:29 PM
c.mcculloch

Default Clang!

"P van Rijckevorsel" wrote in message

Whenever a person starts talking about taxonomy as starting with Linnaeus

am assuming there are so many screws loose in the brain that anything else
said will be pretty close to madness and I only glance through the rest.
I had not really noticed that this one was even crazier that at first
apparent.

As the large majority of people believe that the 1758 version of Systema
Naturae *was* the beginning of modern taxonomy, you must miss out on a lot
of reading? Give Linnaeus his due - despite the flaws, his system has served
us pretty well and should not be rudely dismissed.

I am interested, though, in where you would put the staring point?

Colin