Old 26-04-2003, 01:30 PM
c.mcculloch

Default Clang!

Sorry! I jumped to conclusions. Seems you take a nicely balanced approach.
Colin
"d buebly" wrote in message
On Mon, 3 Feb 2003 11:54:11 -0000, "c.mcculloch"
wrote:
snippage
+ + +
=======
I doubt that you could easily find anybody who knows what the system

of
Linnaeus is, it has fallen in disuse so long ago that only students

of
history are even vaguely familiar with it.

Didn't you see d.buebly's comments above? Sounds as if he is a student.
Colin

HS teacher actually; there is only so much time to introduce important
concepts, so we don't spend too much time on the history of various
science concepts, other than a quick examination. Aristotle to
Linnaeus to modern taxonomy. I prefer to stress that these are
attempts to create an ordered system, and it is constantly evolving as
we get more information.