Old 26-04-2003, 01:30 PM
Steve Turner

Default biology with a QM foundation rabbit manure

Archimedes Plutonium wrote:

each other. Not only for carbondioxide to oxygen but also nitrogen to
hydrogenbonds (sugars).

This is an incorrect conceptualization. There is no conversion of
nitrogen to hydrogen bonds or sugars. The atoms in sugars come from
carbon dioxide and water, with light supplying the energy.

Why would the plant kingdom even bother with photosynthesis and the making
of sugars if not for the existence of animals? It seems to me that plants that
are photosynthetic and making sugars are not doing it for the benefit of the
plant kingdom but rather for the benefit of the animals so that the animals leave
behind nitrogen in a useable form for plants.

I suppose the "why" is something of a philosophical question. But in
a scientific sense, plants definitely manufacture sugars for their own
use. Sugars are the building blocks of carbohydrates such as
cellulose, which form the plant's cell walls & etc.

Steve Turner

Real address contains worldnet instead of spamnet