Old 26-04-2003, 01:30 PM
Archimedes Plutonium

Default symbiosis is QM duality? rabbit manure

Steve Turner wrote in message . ..
Archimedes Plutonium wrote:

Question Steve. When plants use nitrogen as fertilizer. Does the plant
use the nitrogen in gaseous form or is the nitrogen bound up in solid form
before it is used by the plant.

Plants use nitrogen in solution -- e.g., nitrates or ammonium ion
dissolved in the soil moisture.

Or is that a silly question. In respiration
the elements of Oxygen and Carbon Dioxide are in gaseous form. So,
my question is that in plant fertilizer of nitrogen, does that nitrogen when
used by the plant have a gaseous form. I would guess the answer is no
because then, most plants would just take the nitrogen out of the air.

Correct. Gaseous (elemental) nitrogen is fairly inert and plants are
unable to use it directly. It is something of a wonder that certain
bacteria are able to "fix" nitrogen (convert elemental nitrogen to
ionic forms usable by plants).

So, I would guess that the nitrogen has to be in solid form and I would
guess in a compound that is not present in the atmosphere. If that is true,
then it seems as though the commensalism relationship I am searching for
involves the idea that plants need animals because animals have the biochemical
pathways to turn nitrogen into a solid-compound for which plants alone and
the atmosphere cannot do.

IMO plants would survive just fine if there were no higher animals on
earth. As I mentioned before, bacteria and fungi do a fine job of
fixing nitrogen from the air and turning complex proteins (many of
which are of plant origin to begin with) back to a form usable by
plants. Similarly, animals are not needed to convert oxygen to carbon
dioxide. Fires do that quite nicely.

Steve Turner

Real address contains worldnet instead of spamnet

Steve, thanks so much for the information and thoughts. I am going to
have to
search deeper to find this answer about nitrogen as a sort of
canonical conjugate
dual to something else for the plant kingdom versus the animal
kingdom.

The ultimate link between biology and physics is that in a universe of
superdeterminism, must exist a direct connection between biology and
physics
and that connection is the *light wave* since it is the only particle
that can
keep Superdeterminism on course and inline. Where the minds and
behaviour of all
plants and animals is controlled from a Universal Nucleus Control
Center. So that
the mind acts like a radio antennae receiving the photons from the
nucleus and thereby commanding the future actions of the biological
life form. Light wave
as a carrier of the Superdeterminism action and behaviour would also
entail that
all first life on any planet throughout the Universe was created from
these
lightwaves. Perhaps neutrinos play a role in creating first life since
they have
a tiny restmass whereas photons do not. Some interplay between photons
and neutrinos to create first life on Earth. So that photons/neutrinos
are *perfect
DNA* but when they come to rest can become imperfect DNA which is a
living
creature.

So the ultimate link between biology and physics is that of
Superdeterminism
with photons/neutrinos as the carrier particle containing perfect DNA.

But I am trying to find these other links between physics and biology
of the
canonical conjugate duals of the Macroscopic scale. For the
microscopic scale there is the duals of position-momentum and
energy-time. For the Macroscopic
scale of life, I believe the Plant kingdom to Animal kingdom also has
duals
of carbondioxide to oxygen and nitrogen to something else (perhaps
hydrogen bonds?)

Hope I did not turn you off, Steve with my above. I have been trying
to nail down these duals for over 2 years now and expect to come back
on this subject time and again. Each time I do I suspect I will be
closer to the final answers I seek.

Archimedes Plutonium