Old 26-04-2003, 01:31 PM
Gordon Couger

Default Plants like asbestos?

"Matilda Zuckerman" wrote in message
et...
Are you gonna eat that stuff ?

Not me.

"Archimedes Plutonium" wrote in message
I am now running a test on whether plants with fiberglass in their soil

grow
better
than those without. I figure the fiberglass allows more air to the root

system
than
the pure clay soils.

Also, many years ago I observed raspberry plants and they seem to like

trashy
garbaged soil rather than normal soil. They even liked asphalt shingles

in
the
soil rather than normal soil.

Has anyone made a test on why some plants like petroleum products such

as
asphalt shingles near to them?

I have raised crops next to oil well were oil was spilled on the groud. It
takes about 5 years for the bactera to break it down to the point you can't
tell were it was. Salt water spills are another thing altogeater. In sandy
soil it takes a long time to wash it out of the soil and clay soils it takes
longer than my lifetime.

Asphalt shingles wouldn't have much effect on soil. Asphalt has been sprayed
on soil to control weeds and to warm up soil causing it to warm up about a
week earlier in the spring. It is not cost effective in the 50's and it
wouldn't be environmentally acceptable today.

Gordon Couger
Stillwater, OK
www.couger.com/gcouger