Old 26-04-2003, 03:32 PM
Sue & Bob Hobden

Default Unusual Garlic problem

"Colin wrote in message ...

I planted in October 2002, they shooted before Xmas and now look
strong and healthy. However, when I checked them after a bit of gap
recently, I noticed that 3 of my plants seemed to be almost dead.

They seemed to have no central stem - all that was left was a few
outside leaves and these had withered back to yellow. There was no
sign of mould or fungi and the only thing I could think of was that
some animal had come and eaten the central leaves.

This only appeared on a few plants within several other rows that were
unaffected - If it was anything serious, I would have expected to see
more plants affected.

That sounds a bit like what Leek Moth does to my Leeks, but it's a bit early
for that yet and I've never had it attack my Garlic thank goodness.

--
Bob

Runnymede fighting for it's existence.