Old 26-04-2003, 06:08 PM
DigitalVinyl

Default sunburn?chlorosis

(Pat Kiewicz) wrote:

It does look like sunburn. Were these plants started under lights and then
moved to a sunny window?

The seeds started in a sunny window, but the window is crowded and I
couldn't get much sun on the transplants. I put a small flourescent
there to help out, but I don't think they are getting enough light.
I'm going to setup a more proper lighting system this week.

I tend to move plants outside to areas where I know they will get some sun
but be covered by dappled shade, sooner (when first taking them out) or
later (as they get better adapted).

I put them on a table below the railing level of the porch. I figured
the railings would help as a windbreak. However, high afternoon sun
hit them for about 3-4 hours each time. I'll put them on the back
corner, earlier in the day to give them morning sun instead next time.
Then afternoon sun in shorter doses.

Should I cut off all the burnt leaves?
DiGiTAL_ViNYL (no email)