Old 26-04-2003, 06:32 PM
George Shirley

Default Baby possum in strawberries

I've seen tamed raccoons, had one myself when I was a kid. Never, ever
saw anyone tame a possum. They get nasty and bite readily even when
small. There may be exceptions but I've not seen any.

George

Larry Blanchard wrote:

In article , rfsmith@-remove
says...
By the way...a friend of mine says they make great pets if you get one when
it is young enough. They are just scary looking to your visitors.

Everyone I know who has tried that has found out that when they mature
(specifically the males) they can get downright mean and nasty. Maybe a
female would stay tame.

--
To announce that there must be no criticism of the president or that we
are to stand by the president, right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic