Old 03-11-2002, 04:49 AM
Fran Higham

Default Quinoa was links to good photos?

"Wesley Trotman" wrote in message

I had thought that quinoa grew in cold climates(needed), but I see from

your
PFAF info that its is primarily a temperate/equatorial plant. I have tried
to obtain some seeds in Oz but no luck. Tara gave me a contact in NZ but
they did not respond to a letter. probably its too difficult to pack and

pay
for import into oz.

Have you ever eaten it Wes?

Winds: In South Oz we have been having a lot of strong winds which is

drying
up the small amount of rain we have had this year.

Same here in the East Wes. The local news reported that the evaporation
rates are twice the previous record level ie 15mm/week!!!!! We have only
had 19.5 mm rain for the whole of October and that is VERY low for this time
of year.