Old 26-04-2003, 07:20 PM

Default Is this reasonable

I have decided to get some help in to get my back garden into good
shape, as I don't have the time required at the moment. I feel that
once everything has had a good prune and weeding and the grass is cut
back I will be able to keep on top of things, but cannot find time at
the moment to make the effort to get to that point by myself.

I have had one estimate so far for £150 - for 2 chaps to work for half
a day. Now, the time seems about right to me for the work involved,
(though it would take me a lot longer I'm sure) but I have no idea
what is "the going rate" for such work, so I don't knwo if this is
cheap, reasonable or a bit steep. my initial thoughts were that it
was a bit more than I'd expected, (I'd thought more like £100) but I
may have just been guilty of wishful thinking?

Dose anyone have any experience of paying for gardening work? Can
anyone comment?

Cheers,
Sam