Old 26-04-2003, 07:56 PM
animaux

Default Gaura Whirling Butterflies

Guara lindheimerii 'Whirling Butterflies' is a native to Texas plant. They
reseed readily down here, but in the norther regions tend to rot in cold wet
soils. I say keep the container only moderately moist and wait till the soil is
much warmer than it is now. Mine stay evergreen all winter and I'm in 8b-9a

Victoria-give them at least till end of May.

On Sat, 26 Apr 2003 10:16:01 -0400, "Natty_Dread" wrote:

Hi all -- I have two whirling butterflies potted in a container together
that I never got into the ground in the fall. The foliage died back over
the winter, but they haven't sprouted up yet this spring. They're in a
sunny place on my patio and have been kept moist. Might they have died due
to the cold, snowy winter we had this year? I'm in Northern VA, zone 7a/b.
Does anyone have experience with these plants? I really loved the dancing
white flowers...I hope they didn't die!

Thanks,

Rhonda
Alexandria, VA