Old 26-04-2003, 07:57 PM
Mike

Default Is this reasonable

In article ,
writes
I have decided to get some help in to get my back garden into good
shape, as I don't have the time required at the moment. I feel that
once everything has had a good prune and weeding and the grass is cut
back I will be able to keep on top of things, but cannot find time at
the moment to make the effort to get to that point by myself.

I have had one estimate so far for £150 - for 2 chaps to work for half
a day. Now, the time seems about right to me for the work involved,
(though it would take me a lot longer I'm sure) but I have no idea
what is "the going rate" for such work, so I don't knwo if this is
cheap, reasonable or a bit steep. my initial thoughts were that it
was a bit more than I'd expected, (I'd thought more like £100) but I
may have just been guilty of wishful thinking?

Dose anyone have any experience of paying for gardening work? Can
anyone comment?

Cheers,
Sam

If you had the time
If you had the skills
If you had the equipment

Would you spend a day doing what you want done for £150.00?

If you have your own business, would you work for £150.00 a day?

I consider it a very good rate. But then I charge, well I 'did' charge
when I was working, £30.00 per hour, £240.00 a day. Now retired and
sending work away:-)

Mike
Forthcoming reunions. H.M.S.Collingwood Association Chatham May 30th - June 2nd
British Pacific Fleet Hayling Island Sept 5th - 8th
Castle Class Corvettes Assn. Isle of Wight. Oct 3rd - 6th.
R.N. Trafalgar Weekend Leamington Spa. Oct 10th - 13th. Plus many more