Old 26-04-2003, 08:08 PM
animaux

Default NO TIME FOR poor quality tools

On Sat, 26 Apr 2003 02:04:13 -0900, (Jan Flora) wrote:

OTOH, you could buy quality tools *once* and use them for your lifetime,
then pass them along to your spawn.

I do buy quality tools. I use my tools frequently. They get way too warn over
time to hand down in any condition I'd be able to use, as a gardener. I've had
everything from Elliott Coleman designed tools, Smith and Hawkins, and up. I've
paid 45 dollars on shovels and 10 dollars. Both wore out or got chipped. I
have black soil, Texas T...ya'll come back now.

I have nothing against Craftman tools at all. I just live 6 hours away from
a Sears store these days and only go up to Anchorage once a year, at most.
So if I break my 9/16" spanner and don't have another one, I'm screwed.

Anyone who ever holds a Snap-On ratchet in their hot little hand will never
buy another Craftsman ratchet, IMO.

Jan