Old 26-04-2003, 09:08 PM
Barry K

Default sunburn?chlorosis

On Sat, 26 Apr 2003 12:51:20 -0400, DigitalVinyl
wrote:

(Pat Kiewicz) wrote:

It does look like sunburn. Were these plants started under lights and then
moved to a sunny window?

The seeds started in a sunny window, but the window is crowded and I
couldn't get much sun on the transplants. I put a small flourescent
there to help out, but I don't think they are getting enough light.
I'm going to setup a more proper lighting system this week.

I tend to move plants outside to areas where I know they will get some sun
but be covered by dappled shade, sooner (when first taking them out) or
later (as they get better adapted).

I put them on a table below the railing level of the porch. I figured
the railings would help as a windbreak. However, high afternoon sun
hit them for about 3-4 hours each time. I'll put them on the back
corner, earlier in the day to give them morning sun instead next time.
Then afternoon sun in shorter doses.

Should I cut off all the burnt leaves?
DiGiTAL_ViNYL (no email)

It may be the cold causing the problem. Peppers like it hot. Here,
near Phila, I don't plant my peppers until the end of May, a few weeks
after the tomatoes go in the ground.
I'd leave the leaves for now. If they don't recover, then I'd remove
them, and at that point, the plant may be history, unfortunately.
Barry
--
Note - Remove the X from my e-mail address for direct replies