Old 26-04-2003, 09:34 PM
Cereoid-XXXXX

Default Bromeliads - Pineapples

You have established that you are really full of BS, Rinkytink. You also
have all the properties of a troll.

You neither give the name of the book (if it even exists) nor the purported
parentage of Ananas comosus. Obviously, you are not able to give any basis
in reality to support your fabrication and your assertion has absolutely no
merit at all in truth. You haven't done your own homework. You are just
pontificating nonsense again.

Selection of cultivars does not need to be from interspecific hybrids.

P van Rijckevorsel wrote in message
.. .
This is a very simple matter.

In my book it says that the pineapple is a hybrid. I am convinced it is a
very good book, but if there are two areas with a confused taxonomy then

it
is monocots and cultivated plants. The pine-apple is both.

I have no need to establish anything. In response to a question about why
pine-apples have the properties they do have I pointed out that these
properties are the result of selection in cultivation and that the
pine-apple is regarded as a hybrid.

Anybody who wants more can do his own homework.
PvR