Old 26-04-2003, 11:20 PM
Stephen Howard

Default Is this reasonable

On Sat, 26 Apr 2003 20:03:15 +0100, Serena Blanchflower
wrote:

snip

My initial reaction is that, in Hampshire at least, the rate seems on
the high side, if you are looking for moderately skilled labourers. On
the other hand, it seems petty good if you are getting experienced
gardeners who will provide their own equipment and clear up after
themselves.

I'd agree with that. One of my clients is an experienced jobbing
gardener and goes out for a rate of £15 per hour.
If it's just mowing and weeding I'm pretty sure you could use just
about anyone ( even my kids can do a pretty reasonable job with just
the barest of supervision...from my hammock...with a gin and
tonic.....ahem ).

Regards,

http://www.shwoodwind.co.uk