Old 26-04-2003, 11:32 PM
Stephen Howard

Default Nettle manure

On 26 Apr 2003 21:44:33 GMT, Rick McGreal wrote:

Ok....This may well sound like one of those uber newbie questions....
But whta the hell...

I has looking through the FAQ and found this....
http://www.nugget.demon.co.uk/MetaFAQ/nettle.html

Now...As a man on a very tight budget I can't really afford to go around
buying these really expensive lawn feeds....

Will this work oin my lawn to give a bit of an umpfh???
And as my compost pile is slow to kick in I doubt I'm going to get much out
of that this year! B-)

I have an old 2 gallon plastic beer keg that the last tennants kindly left
and I have been using to collect rain water....And I have access to
literally TONS of nettles....

Is it worth my investing 2 hours collecting the nettles and starting this
off?

It'll work - though the 'farmyardy smell' is something of an
understatement, I reckon!

I had very good results with the batch I made, particularly on the veg
patch - though the last time I used a leaf feed I opted for a
concentrated seaweed mixture, which was considerably less niffy.

Makes a nice soup, do nettles.

Regards,

http://www.shwoodwind.co.uk