Old 27-04-2003, 12:08 AM
Dave Fouchey

Default maroon-leaved wild violet?

What part of the country you in? Were they heart shaped leaves or
toothed and deeply sculpted?

Dave

On Sat, 26 Apr 2003 13:49:24 -0500, griffon
wrote:

I was in the city park when I saw what appears to be a wild violet
with burgandy/maroon colored leaves. It was growing on a little
island in the pond where there are houses for the ducks to go into. I
was wondering if anyone knew what this might be? I am quite fond of
the wild violets in my yard and planting beds and I would love to find
a place to buy some seeds for this plant so I could add it as well.