Old 27-04-2003, 12:20 AM
Rick McGreal

Default Nettle manure

Stephen Howard wrote in
:

It'll work - though the 'farmyardy smell' is something of an
understatement, I reckon!

I was a little concerned about that.....But with all the smells in my
garden in a few weeks I don't think I need worry about it

Or is it *that* bad?! B-)

I had very good results with the batch I made, particularly on the veg
patch - though the last time I used a leaf feed I opted for a
concentrated seaweed mixture, which was considerably less niffy.

But I don't hjink I could find seeweed anywhere near here that I coudl pick
up for free!
(Free is the main word here!)

Makes a nice soup, do nettles.

Erk....If its anything like nettle tea...No thanks.....
'Orrible stuff....
(BTW...you can do the same with dandilion leaves aswell I have been
told....)