Old 27-04-2003, 01:32 AM
NJ

Default Pump socks

"Cin1754" wrote in message
I have heard something about pump socks. what exactly are they, and do I

need
them?

I ended up using one last year. Our waterfall had a really diminished
output, and when we went to check the pump, we found it clogged with dozens
and dozens of teeny snails. No idea how they got there unless they rode in
on a few plants, but we had to take the pump apart totally, clean it out
well, and tried the pump sock. Ours is a mesh bag with a plastic-foam
enclosure for the pump. Plop the pump in, pull the drawstrings, and it's
done. We have a PondSkimmer arrangement, and when we clean out the skimmer
and filter, we just vacuum the pump sock. Hasn't presented a problem for us
yet.

Enjay