Old 27-04-2003, 02:56 AM
DigitalVinyl

Default sunburn?chlorosis

(Barry K) wrote:

On Sat, 26 Apr 2003 12:51:20 -0400, DigitalVinyl
wrote:

(Pat Kiewicz) wrote:

It may be the cold causing the problem. Peppers like it hot. Here,
near Phila, I don't plant my peppers until the end of May, a few weeks
after the tomatoes go in the ground.

I've read some confusing info on tomatoes. One well-known book (Sq.Ft
Gardening) said tomato transplants go outside ON last frost date which
I believe is april 15 for my area. Yet others say 2-6 weeks after when
nighttime temps are above 55 degrees. Nightime averages reach 55
around the first week in June historically, about 6-7 weeks after last
frost. We had 30s and 40s almost every night for the last two weeks,
so I'm assuming that +2-6 is the correct timing. Peppers are supposed
to be similar, preferring 55+ night/70+day.

I'd leave the leaves for now. If they don't recover, then I'd remove
them, and at that point, the plant may be history, unfortunately.

That's okay, I have 3-5 others in pots that I haven't put outside and
they are all healthy looking. These were heading for the scrap heap
and I was using them to pratice transplanting without maiming. :-)
I'm just trying to make sure I'm not doing something bad with
soil/water/fertilizer to cause it.

DiGiTAL_ViNYL (no email)