Old 27-04-2003, 06:32 AM
tom bell

Default Algae in the Greenhouse

Gene -
My greenhouse is glazed with polycarbonate rather than glass, but has an
aluminum frame. Algae have never done any harm, but they can sure create
unsightly muck about the base of the walls. I've had good luck keeping algae
under control by spraying all the surfaces involved with a 10% solution of
Clorox in water, and then hosing those surfaces down with a strong stream of
plain water, a few hours later.
Tom
From: "Gene Schurg"
Newsgroups: rec.gardens.orchids
Date: Sun, 27 Apr 2003 02:45:11 GMT
Subject: Algae in the Greenhouse

I'm getting algae growth in the greenhouse. The glass is easy...I just
squeegee it when there's condensation on it. My problem is on the aluminum
and brick.

Should I worry about it? What should I use to get rid of it?

Gene