Old 27-04-2003, 01:56 PM
Bob Adkins

Default NO TIME FOR poor quality tools

On 26 Apr 2003 13:11:26 GMT, wrote:

Am I the only one who buys better tools and doesn't have to return them
at all? I just don't get this whole "They break alot, and this is a
feature" sales thing. I'd rather have a tool that stands up to long
work and won't break 6 times.

I mean, 3rd replacement since December?

"Better tools" are where you find them.

I found a Chinese-made hand ax at Wal-Mart, and inspected it closely. Good
handle, properly tempered at the edge. Hadn't seen one of quality this high
in years. I bought it for $6, used it for years. Still have it.

Found Chinese-made shovels at a hardware store, excellent handle and temper.
$5.

I have not been able to find inexpensive hand tools. I demand the best
quality screwdrivers, socket sets, and pliers. Only Craftsman, Crescent (my
favorite) and Channel Lock (quality is fading) are good enough to win a spot
in my tool box.

Bob