Old 27-04-2003, 02:09 PM
Jeff Guay

Default Help with brown gas in sodded lawn

Hi,
We recently moved in to a new house. The entire lawn came from a local sod
farm. Now that the snow has melted I notice alot of brown, dead blades of
grass in with the good green grass. I thought this was thatch and it could
be thatched out, however after researching this and other newsgroups it seem
that thatch is stuff beneath the grass on the surface of the soil. It
almost seems that the lawn is dying. This brown grass isn't in one spot it
is through the entire lawn.
Any suggestions on how I should proceed? I purchased a coring aerator and a
dethatcher to pull behind my lawn tractor. Unfortunately my new tractor
hasn't been delivered yet.
Thanks for your time,
Jeff