Old 27-04-2003, 02:20 PM
STEPHEN

Default clemetis prob

I have just cut it down to the new growth, hope I have done right, i suppose
time will tell

stephen

--

He who Laughs last
is a last laugher
"STEPHEN" wrote in message
U R a star mate, thanx

stephen

--

He who Laughs last
is a last laugher
"Rachel Sullivan" wrote in message
In article , STEPHEN
writes
Just moved in a new house, and I have a clematis ( Montana Elizabeth ).

The
plant as stings running horizontal along the back fence. The plant

looks
dead except for the bottom. I don't know what to do with it. Do I cut

the
dead off or just let it run its course and see what happens

Sounds like it might be time for a good tidy up. It should be in flower
by now (or almost), so what looks dead probably is. Cut back to living
growth, give it a mulch & some bonemeal, water it & see how it goes.

--
Rachel
Clematis Web Site