Old 27-04-2003, 02:32 PM

Default Help with brown gas in sodded lawn

"Jeff Guay" wrote:
Hi,
We recently moved in to a new house. The entire lawn came from a local
sod farm. Now that the snow has melted I notice alot of brown, dead
blades of grass in with the good green grass. I thought this was thatch
and it could be thatched out, however after researching this and other
newsgroups it seem that thatch is stuff beneath the grass on the surface
of the soil. It almost seems that the lawn is dying. This brown grass
isn't in one spot it is through the entire lawn.
Any suggestions on how I should proceed? I purchased a coring aerator
and a dethatcher to pull behind my lawn tractor. Unfortunately my new
tractor hasn't been delivered yet.
Thanks for your time,
Jeff

Do the dying areas pull up from the soil easily? (grubs)

--
GO# 40
http://NewsReader.Com/